South Jefferson County Library Expansion Project
Welcome to our
Community Engagement Survey
- To advance to the next portion of engagement click on the arrow to the right of your screen.
- To revisit any action, use the naviation bar on the left of your screen.
- Please complete the survey on slide 4. It should only take you about 5 minutes to complete.
- Population growth has outpaced library capacity throughout the county.
- The intent is to locate the new facility in the southern region of the county to provide services to those beyond convenient access to an existing library in Jefferson County—services and resources that best fit your needs.
- This expansion will provide additional access to information and opportunities for all generations, and will be adaptable for future growth and economic development beyond initial expectations.
YOUR VOTE HELPED PAVE THE WAY
Let's begin our journey with some background information.
- In 2015, voters in Jefferson County approved to increase the maximum mill levy for the Jefferson County Public Library for the purposes of restoring the level of library services. That funding is making this new library possible.
- Our next task is to locate a home for this new facility in the southern region of Jefferson County for those currently beyond convenient access.
- Our intent is to expand our services and resources to these individuals while collecting input from the community along the way.